Marquette-Milwaukee Postgame Notes
- Series History: Marquette leads 37-0
- MU's winning streak ranks as the second longest in the country over one opponent. The only streak longer is Syracuse over Colgate (44 games).
- Junior forward Jimmy Butler led Marquette in scoring and rebounding for the second-consecutive game, recording 19 points and five boards. Butler had 19 points and 12 rebounds Saturday afternoon against N.C. State. Butler was a perfect 6-of-6 from the floor.
- Jeronne Maymon was also perfect from the floor, going 4-of-4 with eight points.
- The two squads only grabbed one offensive rebound apiece in the first half, with MU scoring two second chance points in the frame. MU did not grab an offensive rebound at all in the second half.
- MU shot 52.2 percent from the field, its second-highest total of the season. The Golden Eagles shot 52.8 percent against Michigan in the Old Spice Classic.
- Marquette was outrebounded, 28-26, for the third time this season. Prior to tonight's contest, MU was 1-1 in games in which they were outrebounded.
- Freshman forward Erik Williams played nine minutes after not seeing action in the previous four games.
- Freshman center Youssoupha Mbao saw his first extended minutes since the South Dakota game. Mbao checked in with 4:15 remaining in the second half and played the remainder of the game.