- Series History: Pitt leads 7-6
- Lazar Hayward moved into the fifth spot on the MU scoring list with his first points of the contest, a 3-pointer at the 16:41 mark of the first half. Hayward scored 11 points in the game, his second-lowest total of the season, and now has 1,700 points for his career. The native of Buffalo, N.Y. passed both Brian Wardle (1,690) and Tony Smith (1,691) in the game.
- Hayward is now the only player in MU history to record 1,700 career points and over 800 career rebounds.
- Tonight's matchup pitted the only two teams to each claim at least 10 BIG EAST Conference victories per year over the past four seasons.
- Marquette trailed 31-25 at the half, marking its first home halftime deficit since a 74-72 loss to Villanova on Jan.2.
- With MU holding a 15-8 lead, the Panthers closed out the first half on a 23-7 run until a Darius Johnson-Odom trey with 44 seconds remaining pulled the halftime score to 31-25.
- Through games as of Feb. 14, MU was fourth in the nation with an assist-to-turnover ratio of 1.53. Tonight Marquette turned the ball over 10 times with only nine assists. It was only the fourth time this season MU had a negative assist-to-turnover ratio and only the third time that MU had less than 10 assists.
MU-Pittsburgh Postgame Notes
TrackBack URL: http://cstv.collegesports.com/mt/mt-tb.cgi/3653