- Series History: Louisville leads 34-29
- Lazar Hayward was held scoreless in the first half and finished with eight points for the game, his first time in single digits since he was held to nine points in the season opener vs. Centenary.
- Sophomore Darius Johnson-Odom topped his 12.6 scoring average with 14 first-half points and scored a game-high 22 in the contest.
- At the end of the first half and into the second, MU used a 21-1 run to extend its lead to 46-23. The stretch included a 13-0 Marquette spurt to start the second half, highlighted by seven straight points from Joseph Fulce with Hayward and Jimmy Butler on the bench.
- After the Cardinals responded to cut MU's lead to 10 at 50-40, the Golden Eagles used a 12-0 run to extend their lead 62-40. Over that stretch, U of L was held scoreless for 5:45 on the game clock.
- The last time both Butler and Hayward failed to reach double figures in points was Feb. 6, 2009 in a 57-56 loss at USF.
- With the win, Marquette snaps a four-game losing streak to the Cardinals. MU's last win against U of L came on Jan. 15, 2007 at Louisville,74-65.
- The 48 points scored by Louisville was its lowest point total, topping the Cardinals previous low of 55 points in a 74-55 loss to St. John's on Feb. 11. It is also the first time this season that Louisville has been held without a player in double digits.