Opened in October 2003, the facility is named after legendary basketball coach, Al McGuire, who led the men's basketball program to an NCAA championship, an NIT title and 295 victories in 13 seasons. Located in the heart of campus the $31 million practice and play facility features a 4,000 seat arena where both women's basketball and women's volleyball compete and includes the full-sized practice gym newly upgraded in 2008. The Al McGuire Center also houses intercollegiate administrative offices, the core student athlete services such as the Eagle's Nest Academic Center, Strength and Conditioning Facility and Sports Medicine Suite, as well as basketball and volleyball team offices, locker rooms and suites.
The office of Intercollegiate Athletics houses the Blue & Gold Fund, Marketing, Media Relations, Graphic Design, Business and Compliance Departments. As well as The Ticket Office and four concessions stand in the arena. Student athlete services located in the Al McGuire Center include a 4,000 square foot Strength and Conditioning Facility and Sports Medicine Suite that includes a three-pool hydrotherapy room.
Visitor parking is available for a nominal fee in the Parking Structure located at 13th and Wells. There is also metered city street parking down 12th and the adjacent Streets.
From the South on I-43/I-94 (Chicago and Mitchell Airport)
1. Stay on I-43 toward Green Bay to Exit # 72A - 10th Street and Michigan/Tory Hill
2. At bottom of ramp continue straight ahead 1 short block to Wisconsin Avenue
3. Turn L on Wisconsin and go 2 blocks to 12th Street
4. Turn R on 12th and go ½ block
5. McGuire Center on right
From the West on I-94 (Madison)
1. Exit #310A - 13th Street.
2. Turn L at bottom of ramp and go ½ block to Clybourn Street
3. Turn R on Clybourn and go 3 blocks to 10th Street
4. Turn L on 10th and go 1 block to Wisconsin Avenue
5. Turn L on Wisconsin and go 2 blocks to 12th Street
6. Turn R on 12th and go ½ block
7. McGuire Center on right
From the North on I-43 (Green Bay)
1. Exit # 72E - Highland Avenue and 11th Street
2. Turn R at top of ramp - Highland Avenue
3. Get in L lane and immediately turn L on 12th Street
4. Go 3 ½ blocks
5. McGuire Center on left
Main Facilities Page | Al McGuire Center | Marquette Gym
BMO Harris Bradley Center | Helfaer Tennis | Shimek Track & Field | Valley Fields