Lay down on a bench, with feet flat on the floor or the bench. Grasp the dumbbels with hands slightly wider than shoulder width apart.
Raise the dumbbells straight up until elbows are fully extended. Pause momentarily and lower the dumbbells until they lower to the middle part of the chest.
Be prepared to assist by standing behind the bench ready to grasp the movement arm, the barbell, or the dumbbells.
Points To Emphasize
1. Lower the bar under control.
2. Do not bounce the bar off the chest.
3. The buttocks should remain flat on the bench and the feet kept flat on the floor.
4. Do not lock the elbows in the midrange of the repetition.
5. An excessively wide grip should not be used because it reduces range of motion.