Prospective Student-Athlete Frequently Asked Questions


Who should I see for academic advising? Who is my advisor?
A dual advising process is used to ensure success as a student-athlete at Marquette. Student-Athletes should first meet with their athletic advisor and then see their college advisor. The name of your college advisor can be found on CheckMarq. Each full time member of staff is designated to a specific sport:

Tom Ford - Men's and Women's Cross Country, Women's Soccer, Volleyball, Golf
Adrienne Ridgeway - Men's Basketball

Maureen Lewis - Men's Soccer, Men's and Women's Tennis, Men's and Women's Track and Field

Are there opportunities to enhance my leadership abilities?
The Student-Athlete Advisory Council (SAAC) consists of a president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, and two team representatives from each sport. SAAC serves student-athletes through the following ways:
Community Service
Social Activities

Publicizing Athletic Events 

Expressing Student-Athletes Concerns

When can I earn study hall hours/How can I check how many hours I have?
You can earn study hall hours at all times that athletic advisors are present:
Eagles Nest Hours:

8:30am - 10:00pm Mon.-Thurs.
8:30am - 4:00pm Fri.

6:00pm - 9:00pm Sun.
*To check your study hall hours you can see advisors or check online on GradesFirst

How do I learn more about career development?
To prepare student-athletes for the challenges of the job market upon completion of their college career, Marquette University and the Athletics Department have established programs to aid student-athletes with employment during the school year, the summer, and after graduation. The athletic advising center can also help you with resume writing, cover letters, and careering planning.

Where can I go for help in a specific class (e.g. math)?



Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science Lab 
Writing center  
Office of Student Educational Service  

What if I need to register for a class and a section is closed?
* See your advisor.
* Go to your specific college and fill out a permission to register form.

Can I get credit for AP courses I took in high school?

Click here for link to AP course transfer.


bid today online auctions