Current Student-Athlete Frequently Asked Questions

Who should I see for academic advising?/Who is my advisor?
A dual advising process is used to ensure success as a student-athlete at Marquette. Student-Athletes should first meet with their athletic advisor and then see their college advisor. The name of your college advisor can be found on CheckMarq.

Each full-time member of the academic services staff is designated to a specific sport:

Tom Ford: Women's Basketball, Men's and Women's Cross Country, Women's Soccer, Volleyball, Golf
Adrienne Trice: Men's Basketball
Maureen Lewis: Men's Soccer, Men's and Women's Tennis, Men's and Women's Track and Field

What are the important deadlines I need to know? (Fall 2010)
First Day of Classes: Aug. 30, 2010
Registration Ends: Sept. 7, 2010
Midterm Exams: Oct. 14-20, 2010
Advising: Nov. 1, 2010
Last day to drop classes: Nov. 19, 2010
Classes end: Dec. 11, 2010
Final exams end: Dec. 18, 2010
Click here for university academic calendar

How do I declare my major?
To declare your major, pick up a form at the college that offers you're major. It is recommended that you fill out this paperwork by the end of your fourth semester.

Can I receive summer school aid? When should I apply?
Please contact Danielle Josetti (Associate Athletics Director - Compliance)
Phone: (414) 288-3983

Are there opportunities to enhance my leadership abilities?
The Student-Athlete Advisory Council (SAAC) consists of a president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, and two team representatives from each sport. SAAC serves student-athletes through the following ways:
Community Service

Social Activities

Publicizing Athletic Events

Expressing Student-Athletes Concerns



How do I get a tutor?
The tutor program is provided to all student-athletes to provide instruction and strategies on how to be successful in course work.
Tutoring is provided in 3 ways:
1) Individual

2) Group 

3) Review session

Ways to request a tutor:
* Email an athletic advisor
* Stop in and see an athletic advisor

When can I earn study hall hours?/How can I check how many hours I have?
You can earn study hall hours at all times that athletic advisors are present.
Eagles Nest Hours:

8:30am - 10:00pm Mon.-Thurs.

8:30am - 4:00pm Fri.

6:00pm - 9:00pm Sun.
*To check your study hall hours you can see advisors or check online on GradesFirst.

What are spirit points? How do I earn them for my team?
The Team Spirit Award will be presented to the team that best exhibits the athletic department mission of "Excellence in athletics, academics, and leadership through service to others". Points are awarded for team involvement in community service, team academic performance, and support of other teams determines the winner.

Where can I go for help in a specific class (e.g. math)?
Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science Lab
Writing Center
Office of Student Educational Service

What if I need to register for a class and a section is closed?
*See your advisor.

*Go to your specific college and fill out a permission to register form.

Can I withdraw from a class after the drop/add period?
Yes, but you must see your athletic advisor and a W will be on your transcript.

Can I get credit for AP courses I took in high school?
Click here to link to AP course transfer.

Can I take summer classes at a different university?
Yes, however the classes mustbe approved by yourcollege. Please also see transfer credit wizard for guidance.

How do I obtain my transcripts? (official/unofficial)
Three ways:
* Online
* By Mail
* In person
Link to Office of the Registrar
Link to CheckMarq


bid today online auctions