Career Services for Student Athletes
Summer Jobs Program
Requirements are as Follows
2. The Associate Athletics Director for Compliance will prepare and distribute a memorandum to coaches and administrators explaining the conditions and procedures of the Summer Jobs Program.
3. All student-athlete employment initiated or arranged, directly or indirectly, by coaches, athletic representatives, or administrators must be approved by the Associate Athletics Director for Compliance.
4. No student-athlete will be provided a job until the university has on file a completed employer participation agreement form and until the Associate Athletics Director for Compliance is satisfied that the employment conforms to applicable NCAA legislation.
5. Student-athletes employed through the Summer Jobs Program must be paid by check at the same rate as other employees performing similar work in the same locale.
6. Employers are required to maintain accurate time and other payroll records and to monitor the job of student-athlete.
7. Student-athletes are required to report immediately the offer or receipt of any benefits not regularly available to other employees performing similar work (e.g., cash advances, loans) to the Associate Athletics Director for Compliance.
Post-Graduation Career Opportunities
In addition, staff at the Eagles Nest will assist student-athletes with career concerns, with special emphasis on utilization of the athletic experience in job-seeking efforts.