Policy Regarding Donations
July 7, 2010
1. The necessary application must be completed in its entirety, a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the requested deadline.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Marquette Athletics donate men's basketball tickets?
No. On occasion Marquette Athletics is able to donate tickets to other sporting events such as, women's basketball or Olympic sports.
2. Will Marquette Athletics donate an autographed item to an entity outside of a state where there is a BIG EAST institution?
YES. But please note that due to the volume of requests, completion of a request form does not guarantee fulfillment.
3. Can an autographed item be used as an auction or raffle item at a fundraiser?
Yes (with approval from Marquette's Associate Athletics Director of Compliance).
4. Does Marquette Athletics make autographed items available to individuals?
Marquette Athletics provides autographed items to charitable, educational, and some institutional entities. Typically this is limited to organizations, not individuals. However, the item to be autographed needs to be provided by the organization.
5. Will Marquette Athletics consider a donation for the benefit of a religious organization?
6. Will Marquette Athletics consider a donation to a for-profit corporate entity?
No. This rule is strictly enforced and governed by the NCAA. Marquette Athletics is also prohibited from providing any item to a charitable organization/event that is sponsored or cosponsored by a commercial entity.
7. I received an item for a charitable organization last year. Can I receive another item this year?
The Marquette Athletics will provide a maximum of one donation per organization, per year. Receipt of a donation in no way guarantees subsequent donations.
8. Will Marquette student-athletes make personal appearances?
Student-athletes are not typically permitted to make appearances during their season. Marquette's Associate Athletics Director of Compliance must approve all student-athlete appearances. Even if the University approves the request, there is no guarantee that the student-athlete will be willing and able to fulfill the request.
9. Is Marquette Athletics able to accept PERSONAL (not an organization) items, such as a T-shirt or ball, to be autographed by members of the team?
Due to the volume and frequency of requests, Marquette Athletics cannot accept items to be autographed. Any item received by Marquette will be returned unsigned.
10. Will Marquette Athletics mail the requested item to the organization?
Yes, provided the organization provides a self-addressed, stamped envelope or appropriate sized parcel to cover the cost of shipping. Otherwise all requested will be filled and notified for pick-up at the Al McGuire Center located at 770 N. 12th Street, Milwaukee WI 53233.