Feb. 2, 2018
Day 1 Results (PDF)
NOTRE DAME, Ind. – It was a successful day one for the Golden Eagles at the Meyo Invitational hosted by Notre Dame on Friday. Teams combined for eight personal-bests and the women’s side registered four all-time list marks.
Marquette sent a select group to compete on day one and once again put down solid marks.
- Terica Harris placed fourth in the long jump to lead the women’s side as their highest finisher of the day. She recorded a distance of 5.87 meters (19-3.25 feet), which fell just shy of her season-best of 6.05 meters (19-10.25 feet).
- Terrance Howard took that honor on the men’s side with his fourth place finish in the weight throw. Howard tossed a mark of 17.73 meters (58-2 feet) – a season-best.
- In the 5,000 meters, Caitlin McGauley and Daniel Pederson each broke their personal-best times by 17 seconds.
- Maya Marion once again impressed with a big PR in the weight throw, recording a mark of 17.68 meters (58-0.25) which is good for No. 5 all-time at Marquette.
- Breanne Marchan and Harris each set personal-bests and all-time marks in the 200 meters. Harris’ time of 25.05 seconds was No. 4 all-time, while Marchan ran 25.24 seconds for No. 9 all-time.
- Marchan also set the No. 9 mark all-time in the 60-meter dash with a time of 7.76 seconds.
- Marquette returns to Notre Dame on Saturday. Action begins at 9:30 a.m. Central time. A portion of Saturday’s competition (1-3 p.m. CT) will also be broadcast live on ACC Network Extra via WatchESPN.
- MU will also send a large group to compete at the Ranger Classic hosted by UW-Parkside where competition begins at 9 a.m. with field events, followed by running events at 11 a.m.
MEYO INVITATIONAL RESULTS (DAY ONE)
Feb. 2, 2018
Loftus Fieldhouse (Notre Dame)