Feb. 9, 2018
ALLENDALE, Mich. – It was another banner day for the Marquette University men’s track and field teams, highlighted by yet another school record from Joshua Word and freshman record by Emma Moravec.
Overall, the teams compiled 11 personal-bests each to go along with six all-time list marks combined.
“We’re excited about our performances today,” Marquette head coach Bert Rogers. “It was a good meet with a number of good performances, including the school record by Josh and freshman record by Emma. We’re hitting good times at a good time of the year and we’re going to be ready to roll come BIG EAST.”
- On the men’s side, Daniel Armstrong (high jump) and Cory Cegelski (triple jump) each registered individual victories with six additional top-10 finishes.
- For the women, Moravec’s big third-place performance in the 600 meters made her the top finisher on the day. There were seven additional top-10 finishes for the women as well.
- Moravec bested her own freshman record in the 600 meters set in the first meet of the season back in December. Her time of 1:34.05 moved up to No. 3 all-time. Right behind her was Alison Parker, whose time of 1:35.13 was the fourth-fastest in MU history.
- On the men’s side, it was Word, who once again beat his own record in the 60 meters with a time of 6.85 – good for second in the BIG EAST. Word also set the sixth-fastest time in the 200 meters with a time of 22.21. It was also a big day for Aric Miller in the mile as he ran to the 10th-fastest time (4:09.55) in MU history, taking eighth place.
- Marquette gears up for its final tune-up before the BIG EAST indoor championships, heading to the Wisconsin Shell Shocker in Madison on Friday, Feb. 16.
Keep up with the Marquette track and field program through social media by following on Twitter (@MUTFXC) and Instagram (@MUTFXC) and `liking' on Facebook (/MUTFXC).
GVSU BIG MEET (RESULTS)
Feb. 9, 2018
The Kelly Family Sports Center