15/21 Marquette vs Providence
Jan. 4, 2007
* Sophomore Jerel McNeal missed a start and a game for the first time in his career. He was injured in a head-to-head collision in practice on Monday, January 1.
* Marquette trailed by 15 (56-41), its largest deficit of the season. The 15-point loss is the largest of the season for Marquette. This is the first game of the season in which Marquette has not led.
* The Golden Eagles are 1-3 when trailing at the half this season.
* Marquette falls to 1-1 on the road this season.
* David Cubillan earned a start for the first time in his career, playing a season-high 30 minutes.
* Wesley Matthews finished the game with 14 points, marking the fourth time this season that he has recorded double figures in back to back games. Combining his 22 points from the Savannah State game, Matthews has a two-game season high of 36 points. The two-game combination was also a career high.
* Matthews led the team in scoring for the third time this season.
* Lazar Hayward led MU's bench with 12 points. He broke a three-game streak with 10 points or fewer.
* Providence's Herbert Hill had seven blocks, a season best by a Marquette opponent.
* Providence's Weyemi Efejuku had a double double with 18 points and 10 rebounds. It is the first time a Marquette opponent has had a double double in since Detroit's Ryan Coville had 15 points and 12 rebounds, a span of 13 games.
* Marquette's 25 team fouls were a season high.
* Providence's 42 rebounds were a season high for a Marquette opponent. The 17 assists by Providence ties a season high for a Marquette opponent.
GOMARQUETTE.COM THE OFFICIAL HOME OF MARQUETTE ATHLETICS