15/21 Marquette vs Syracuse
Jan. 7, 2007
* Marquette closed the first half on a 10-2 run over the last 4:49. Syracuse had a 10-0 run prior to MU's run, tying the longest run for an opponent this season.
* Marquette loses its first two conference games for the first time since the 1989-99 season when it lost to USF (63-57) and Cincinnati (75-56).
* Wesley Matthews had his highest career three game total (22 against Savanna State, 14 against Providence, 14 against Syracuse).
* Sophomore Dwight Burke had a career high five rebounds.
* Syracuse's 27 points off turnover were a season high for a Marquette opponent this season.
* Marquette lost its second conference game of the season for the second straight season.
* The loss marks the second loss of the season for MU when Matthews and Jerel McNeal both score 10 or more points (8-2 season 14-7 all-time).
* Syracuse's Darryl Watkins had 14 points and 10 rebounds for his second double double of the season. It is the first time this season that Marquette has allowed back-to-back double double's this season.
* McNeal and Dan Fitzgerald each fouled out. It is the second time this season that two MU players fouled out in a game.
* With 23 turnovers, Marquette tied a season high in that stat.
* Syracuse's 35 free throw attempts were a season high for an MU opponent as were the 44 rebounds. Syracuse also tied a season high for an MU opponent with nine blocked shots.
* The 58 points for Marquette was a season low as were the six free throws made.
* Marquette's 58.5 points per game over the last two games is a season low for a two-game stretch. The next lowest stretch was 62.5 points (60 points vs North Dakota State, 65 vs Delaware State).
* Syracuse's Eric Devendorf scored a season high 20 points, making a season high eight field goals.
GOMARQUETTE.COM THE OFFICIAL HOME OF MARQUETTE ATHLETICS