Marquette vs 21/21 West Virginia
Jan. 13, 2007
* With 40 points in the first half, Marquette had its largest first half scoring output in six games (40 vs Oakland, Dec. 19).
* With eight three point field goals, Marquette had its most threes in a game in nine outings, since hitting nine against Delaware State (Dec. 5).
* Freshman David Cubillan had a career high 14 points, hitting all four of his three point attempts. It is the first time this season that he has hit four threes and it is the first time that he has made all of his three-point attempts when shooting three or more three-point field goals.
* With a win over nationally ranked West Virginia, Marquette improves to 3-1 against ranked teams this season, 19-21 in the Tom Crean era and 89-126 all time.
* Marquette shot 52.7 percent from the floor, its sixth time this season to shoot 50 percent or better from the floor. MU hit 57.1 percent from three-point range, its third time this season at 50 percent or better from long range.
* Sophomore Jerel McNeal set a season high with nine rebounds. He tied a season high with seven assists.
* Marquette recorded 11 steals, the 14th time this season that it has recorded 10 or more steals and the third straight. Marquette has 35 steals over the last three games, an average of 11.7 per game over last three.
* Marquette recorded 40 points in the paint, recording at least 36 in each of the last three games. Marquette has recorded 114 points in the paint over the last three, an average of 38.0 in the last three.
* Sophomore Dominic James scored a team-high 21 points. It is the sixth time this season that he has scored 20 or more points and the 11th time in his career.
* Marquette shot 60.7 percent in the second half, its highest second half field goal percentage of the season.
* Marquette had 19 assists, its most in four games since a 20-assist game against Savannah State on Dec. 30.
* Marquette grabbed 40 rebounds, its sixth game of 40 or more rebounds this season and its second consecutive. Marquette has grabbed 90 rebounds over the last two games, an average of 45.5 in that span.
* Sophomore Dwight Burke had four rebounds, marking his third straight game with four or more boards. Over the last three games, he has averaged 5.3 rebounds per game, the fourth highest total on the team and 3.5 boards per game higher than his season average of 1.8 per game.
GOMARQUETTE.COM THE OFFICIAL HOME OF MARQUETTE ATHLETICS