Jan. 21, 2007
* Marquette has won four-straight BIG EAST games, the first time in school history that it has done so. MU has won four-straight conference games for the first time since the 2002-03 season when it won nine a row followed by five in a row later in the year.
* Marquette won its first game ever against Pittsburgh on the road (1-2).
* MU improved to 4-1 against ranked teams this season.
* The victory for Marquette is its first against a team ranked as high as No. 6 since a 94-79 defeat of then-No. 2 Connecticut, Jan. 3, 2006.
* The victory for Marquette is its first on the road against a team ranked as high as No. 6 since a 77-70 defeat of then-No. 4 Louisville, Jan. 31, 2004.
* MU improved to 2-0 in overtime games this season.
* The 77-74 win was the 12th time this season Marquette has scored 70 or more points. They are 12-0 in those games.
* Senior Dan Fitzgerald scored a season-high 14 points, shooting 4-for-6 from the three-point line and 2-for-2 from the foul line.
* Marquette had four players in double figures for the fourth-straight game. It was the first time this season and second time ever the foursome of Fitzgerald, Dominic James (23), Wesley Matthews (14) and Ousmane Barro (12) has all scored 10 or more points. MU is 2-0 in those games.
* With one steal, sophomore Jerel McNeal moved into a tie for 10th for steals in a season with 62.
* Marquette was a perfect 10-for-10 from the free throw line in overtime.
* Matthews recorded three steals, tying a season high. It is the fourth time this season he has recorded three steals in a game.
* Matthews has scored in double-figures for the seventh-straight game.