14/15 Marquette vs Providence
Feb. 3, 2007
* Marquette led at the half for the eighth straight game. Marquette is 18-1 this season when leading at the half.
* With 18 points and 12 rebounds, sophomore Jerel McNeal had his second double double of the season and the third of his career.
* The 12 rebounds by McNeal tied a career high.
* Marquette rebounded its opponent for the 14th time this season and is 14-0 when doing so.
* Junior Dan Fitzgerald tied a season high with 14 points and a season high with four three-point field goals. The four three point field goals tied an individual high for a Marquette player this season.
* Marquette is 4-0 this season and 6-0 all time when Fitzgerald and McNeal each score 10 or more points in a game.
* Sophomore Wesley Matthews was 10-for-10 from the line, the most attempts without a miss by a Marquette player this season. It is the first time in 41 games that an MU player has made 10 or more free throws without a miss (Steve Novak, 11-for-11 vs Connecticut, January 3, 2006).
* Over the last four games, Matthews has made 38-of-41 free throw attempts (92.7 percent).
* McNeal tied a first half team high by an individual with eight rebounds.
* The 62 points by Providence were the lowest points scored by the Friars in eight games.
* With 20 wins, MU has reached the 20 win mark for the fourth time in the Tom Crean era and for the second straight season.
GOMARQUETTE.COM THE OFFICIAL HOME OF MARQUETTE ATHLETICS