14/15 Marquette vs Providence
Feb. 3, 2007
* Marquette led at the half for the eighth straight game. Marquette is 18-1 this season when leading at the half.
* With 18 points and 12 rebounds, sophomore Jerel McNeal had his second double double of the season and the third of his career.
* The 12 rebounds by McNeal tied a career high.
* Marquette rebounded its opponent for the 14th time this season and is 14-0 when doing so.
* Junior Dan Fitzgerald tied a season high with 14 points and a season high with four three-point field goals. The four three point field goals tied an individual high for a Marquette player this season.
* Marquette is 4-0 this season and 6-0 all time when Fitzgerald and McNeal each score 10 or more points in a game.
* Sophomore Wesley Matthews was 10-for-10 from the line, the most attempts without a miss by a Marquette player this season. It is the first time in 41 games that an MU player has made 10 or more free throws without a miss (Steve Novak, 11-for-11 vs Connecticut, January 3, 2006).
* Over the last four games, Matthews has made 38-of-41 free throw attempts (92.7 percent).
* McNeal tied a first half team high by an individual with eight rebounds.
* The 62 points by Providence were the lowest points scored by the Friars in eight games.
* With 20 wins, MU has reached the 20 win mark for the fourth time in the Tom Crean era and for the second straight season.