11/12 Marquette vs Rutgers
Feb. 7, 2007
* Marquette is on an eight-game BIG EAST win streak, the longest conference win streak of the season by any team in the league and the longest for Marquette since 10 in a row in the 2002-03 season.
* Marquette allowed 23 first half points to Rutgers, the lowest total allowed by MU since 14 against Md.-Baltimore County (13 games). Rutgers' 47 points is the lowest total for a Marquette opponent since 47, also by UMBC.
* Junior Ousmane Barro scored a team high 11 points and grabbed a team high 10 rebounds for his fifth double double of the season and his career.
* With 11 points from Barro and 10 each from Matthews, McNeal, junior Dan Fitzgerald and freshman David Cubillan, Marquette had five players score in double figures for the second time this season (Eastern Mich., Nov. 18).
* Fitzgerald scored double figures in back to back games for the second time this season.
* Sophomore Dominic James had seven assists, his highest total since having nine against Oakland (13 games).
* Marquette grabbed 40 rebounds. It is the second straight game that MU has had 40 or more rebounds and it is the seventh time this season that has occurred.
* Marquette led at halftime for the ninth straight game and is 19-1 this season when leading at the half. Marquette is also 15-0 when out-rebounding its opponent.