12/13 Marquette vs DePaul
Feb. 14, 2007
* Marquette grabbed 44 rebounds, topping the 40 rebound mark for the third time in four games. It is the eighth time this season that Marquette has grabbed 40 or more rebounds (7-1).
* Wesley Matthews tied a season high with nine rebounds.
* With three steals, sophomore Jerel McNeal increased his season steals total to 73. That total moves him to sixth on the all-team steals list at Marquette.
* Sophomore Dominic James scored 17 points, breaking a three game streak in which he didn't reach the 10-point scoring mark. James was MU's leading scorer for the 14th time this season, but for the first time in five games.
* The foursome of Fitzgerald, James, sophomore Wesley Matthews and McNeal each reached the 10-point mark. It is the second time this season that they have each scored 10 points or more (1-1). It is the first time this season that the 10-point combinations of Fitzgerald and James (4-1), Fitzgerald and Matthews (6-1) and Fitzgerald and McNeal (6-0) have lost.
* Junior Ousmane Barro had nine rebounds, giving him a three game average of 10.7, tying his highest three game stretch.
* James had six assists, giving him 25 over the last five games (5.0 average).
* Marquette is 17-3 all time and 0-1 in under Tom Crean when playing as the 12th ranked team by the Associated Press.
* This is the second two-game losing streak of the season for Marquette. The last time it lost two in a row, it followed it up by winning eight straight.
* The win by DePaul ended a three game win streak in the series by Marquette.