16/16 Marquette vs Villanova
Feb. 19, 2007
* Marquette made a season high 31 free throws. It is the most free throws made by Marquette since making 33 against UAB on March 31, 2003. MU also tied a season high with 35 free throw attempts. It was the second best game by percentage for Marquette from the line (12-of-13, 92.3 percent vs Georgetown).
* Freshman Lazar Hayward scored a career high 18 points. It was his second career high in three games after scoring 14 against Georgetown to tie a career high.
* Sophomore Jerel McNeal scored in double figures for his eighth straight game in double figures.
* Sophomore Wesley Matthews made all 12 free throw attempts, setting a career high. It is the second time this season that he has shot 10 or more free throws without a miss. It is the fourth time this season that he has made 10 or more free throws. Matthews has made 63-of-68 free throws in the last nine games (91.2 percent). Matthews finished with 15 points.
* Sophomore Dominic James scored 18 points, his highest total in eight games.
* Marquette had four players in double figures, marking the 13th time this season that MU has had four players in double figures.
* It was the first time that the quartet of Hayward, James, McNeal and Matthews all scored in double figures.
* As the no. 16 team in the Associated Press poll, Marquette is 17-3 all time and 8-0 in the Tom Crean era.
* McNeal had seven rebounds, marking a five-game high.
* James had five assists, giving him 24 in the last five games.
* Junior Ousmane Barro had three blocks, his highest single game total since Pittsburgh (12 games).
* McNeal had one steal to give him 75 for the season, the sixth best total in a single season for Marquette.
* With 15 first-half free throws, Marquette tied a first half high. With 16 second-half free throws, Marquette set a season high for the half.
* Villanova shot 37.5 percent for the game, marking the fourth time that Marquette has held an opponent to 38 percent shooting or less.