16/16 Marquette vs -/23 Notre Dame
Feb. 24, 2007
* Sophomore Wesley Matthews scored a team-high 17 points. It was his highest total in eight games and it was the fourth time this season that he's scored 17 points or more in a game.
* Sophomore Jerel McNeal scored 16 points. He's scored 15 or more in each of the last four games. He's scored 10 or more in the last nine games, one shy of a MU long he set earlier in the season. He has scored 10 or more points in 13 of the last 14 games.
* Sophomore Dominic James tallied 14 points on 6-of-20 shooting. James has scored 14 points or more in three of the last four games. The 20 field goal attempts was a season high for James and was the second most by an MU player this season.
* Freshman David Cubillan scored 10 points. It is the sixth time this season that he has scored 10 or more.
* The combination of James, Matthews and McNeal is 11-2 this season when each scoring 10 or more points. It is the first time this season that the group of Cubillan, James, Matthews and McNeal scored 10 or more in a game.
* Marquette shot 18-of-25 from the line. In the last two games, Marquette has shot 60 free throws, making 49 (81.7 percent).
* James neared double-double range and was close to triple-double range. He had nine rebounds, a season high, and he had eight assists, one shy of a season high.
* McNeal recorded one steal to bring his season total to 76, the fifth best single season total in MU history, one shy of Doc Rivers for fourth place.
* Marquette's 13 point lead in the first half was the largest lead by a losing MU team this season.
* As the no. 16 team in the Associated Press poll, Marquette is 17-4 all time and 8-1 in the Tom Crean era.