20/21 Marquette vs 12/12 Pittsburgh
March 3, 2007
* Cubillan had his second straight game with 10 or more points.
* Cubillan tied a career high with four three-point field goals.
* Matthews also scored 20 points in the game. It is his highest total since scoring 22 vs USF (eight games).
* With Cubillan and Matthews scoring 20 points it is the third time this season that two Marquette players have had 20 or more in the same game. The most recent time was against Seton Hall on January 24 when Matthews and McNeal each scored 22.
* James had a career high 10 assists. He became the second MU player this season to record 10 assists in a game. The previous time was 10 by McNeal against Seton Hall. James seven first half assists was a first half high by an MU individual this season.
* Marquette recorded a 10-0 run in the first half. It is the 18th time that MU has had a 10 point run or more in a game.
* Marquette scored 43 first half points, its highest total since scoring 43 against Seton Hall (nine games). Marquette is 7-0 this season when scoring 40 or more in the first half and 20-1 this season when leading at halftime.
* Senior Mike Kinsella tied a career high with six points. He hit two three pointers, hitting the first two three point attempts of his career.
* The trio of Barro, Cubillan and Matthews scored 10 or more points for the second time this season. MU is 2-0 in that situation.
* The win was Marquette's 16th home win of the season.
* Marquette drew a school-record crowd of 19,021.
* The 75 points allowed by Pittsburgh was the most allowed since Marquette scored 77 on January 21 (12 games).
* Marquette is 13-8 all time and 2-0 in the Tom Crean era playing as the no. 20 team in the Associated Press poll. Against the no. 12 team in the AP poll, MU is 3-7 all time and 1-3 in the Tom Crean era.
* Aaron Gray had 18 points and 13 rebounds for Pittsburgh. It is the 32nd double double of his career.