20/22 Marquette vs Md.-Baltimore County
Dec. 16, 2006
* Marquette had its best defensive first half of the season, holding UMBC to a season low 14 first half points.
* Marquette is 7-0 when out-rebounding opponents this season. MU held a 38-30 rebound advantage against UMBC.
* Marquette scored 26 points off turnover, its most in seven games.
* Lazar Hayward broke the double figure scoring mark for the third straight game, scoring 13 points. The total is his second highest of the season. He is averaging 11.7 points off the bench in 17.0 minutes over the last three games.
* Hayward also grabbed seven rebounds, leading MU for the second straight game in that category. He is averaging 7.5 boards per game over the last two games.
* Marquette hit six three point field goals -- five in the first half -- the most three point field goals in four games.
* The six free throws made were the lowest total for Marquette this season, as was the 33.3 free throw percentage.
* MU held UMBC to three three point field goals, tying a low for an MU opponent this season. The seven assists and three steals allowed to UMBC were also low marks for an MU opponent this year.
* Jerel McNeal hit three three point field goals, tying a season high for an MU player.
* McNeal scored 15 points, extending MU's longest active double figure scoring streak to eight games. He has averaged 15.8 points per game over the last four games, the best mark by an MU player over that stretch.
* UMBC played just six players in the game.
GOMARQUETTE.COM THE OFFICIAL HOME OF MARQUETTE ATHLETICS