19/21 Marquette vs Oakland
Dec. 19, 2006
* Oakland had zero points off the fast break. It is the second time that MU has held an opponent to no fast break points.
* Marquette scored 40 points in the paint, the third straight game it has scored 40 or more points in the paint.
* Marquette is 8-0 when out-rebounding its opponent this season.
* Marquette shot 59.2 percent from the floor, its highest percent of the season.
* Dominic James scored 20 points, the fourth time this season he has scored 20 or more and the ninth time in his career.
* James tied a career high with nine assists. With nine assists and eight field goals, James was responsible for 17 of MU's 29 field goals.
* Jerel McNeal scored 17 points, marking the fifth straight game in which he's scored 15 or more.
* Marquette had a 13-0 run in the second half, its second straight game with a run of 13-0. Marquette also had a 10-0 run in the first half as part of a 14-1 run.
* David Cubillan went 2-for-2 from three point range. He has had a three-point field goal in 12 of the 13 games this season. He is shooting a team leading 47.9 percent.
* Ousmane Barro scored 11 points, topping the 10 point mark for the third time this season and the first time in five games.
* McNeal had six steals increasing his total to an NCAA-leading 46 steals.
* Marquette had 40 first half points, the most at the half since 46 against Texas Tech, an eight game span.
* McNeal had 14 first half points, the most by an MU player in the first half this season. McNeal also had a individual team high in a first half with four free throws.
* Marquette shot 59.1 percent in the second half, the best second half shooting day of the season.
* James tied a team individual high with four assists in the second half.
* Marquette tied a team season high with 31 free throw attempts.
* Oakland had 25 three point attempts, a high for a Marquette opponent this season. Oakland also set MU opponent highs with 22 free throws and 27 free throw attempts.
* Marquette attempted a season low seven three point field goals.
* Marquette held Oakland to 16 field goals, tying a season low for a Marquette opponent this season.
GOMARQUETTE.COM THE OFFICIAL HOME OF MARQUETTE ATHLETICS