18/22 Marquette vs Savannah State
Dec. 30, 2006
* Dominic James scored 22 points to tie Matthews for the team high. it was the fifth time this season and the 10th time in his career that James has scored 20 or more.
* The combination of Matthews and James with 20 or more points marks the first time in the season that MU has had two players score 20 or more in a game. It is the first time since a 62-47 win against DePaul on Jan 17, 2004 that Marquette has had two players score 20 or more in a game, a span of 29 games.
* Mike Kinsella saw four minutes of action. He returned to the lineup after missing the last 11 games due to a stress fracture.
* Marquette went to the line a season-high 33 times and made a season high 22. In the two meetings with Savannah State, Marquette has attempted 83 free throws.
* Savannah State attempted a 62 field goals, a season high for a Marquette opponent.
* Marquette's 42 field goal attempts were a season low as were the team's five steals.
* Marquette held Savannah State to a 21.1 percent three point shooting game, the lowest total by a Marquette opponent this season.
* Savannah State turned the ball over 14 times, a season low for a Marquette opponent.
* Ousmane Barro tied an MU season high for an individual with three blocked shots.
GOMARQUETTE.COM THE OFFICIAL HOME OF MARQUETTE ATHLETICS