Capacity Crowd Attends Marquette Madness, 2012-13 Season Begins
Over 4,000 fans pack the Al McGuire Center
Freshman Jamal Ferguson shows off his tumbling skills during the talent competition
Oct. 12, 2012
The 2012-13 Marquette University men's and women's basketball teams were introduced at the Al McGuire Center Friday night at the annual Marquette Madness event.
Over 4,000 fans packed the arena and were treated to some of the following highlights.
- Debut of both men's and women's season intro videos
- Delivery of Marquette's specially designed surfboard for participation in the Maui Invitational
- Michael Chapman winning the Buzz Williams impersonation contest with his version of the "Walk It Out" dance during the win over Louisville two years ago.
- The women's basketball team's victory in the talent contest after their perfectly choreographed version of Gangnam Style's dance moves.
- Junior Jake Thomas overcoming enormous odds to win the dunk contest, downing classmate Jamil Wilson and sophomore Juan Anderson.
- Vander Blue leading the "Blue" team to a 41-31 victory with 11 points in the scrimmage. Senior Junior Cadougan chipped in eight points and nine assists in the win.
- Women's head coach Terri Mitchell challenged the fans to sellout the team's first home game.
- Buzz Williams explained the Sweet 16 isn't good enough anymore after back-to-back appearances.