CJ Swift had one of MU's two eagle makes on Friday.
March 25, 2016
Round Two Results
STANFORD, California - Led by identical 71s from seniors Nick Nelson and CJ Swift, Marquette posted a second round score of 291 (T-22) at The Goodwin, hosted by Stanford University.
The Golden Eagles (301-291—592) moved up a pair of spots on the leaderboard entering Saturday’s final round and into a 22nd-place tie with San Jose State and Arizona. UC Davis continues to lead the 26-team event (277-272–549) on the par-70, 6,727-yard Stanford G.C. layout.
SECOND ROUND QUICK HITS
- Nelson (76-71–147)and Swift (79-71-150) struggled in round one with respective 6-over-par and 9-over-par days, but saw improvement in round two.
- Off of No. 10, Nelson went out at even par before coming in with birdies on No. 7 and No. 9 to make up for three bogeys on the final nine.
- Swift had one of Marquette’s two eagle makes on Friday, posting a 3 on the par-5 16th hole.
- Freshman Oliver Farrell (T37, 70-74–144) struggled on his first nine holes to a 4-over-par start, but eagled the par-5 No. 1 and added two more birdies in his final nine to come in at 1-under-par. Farrell is now 4-over-par for the tournament.
- Second round average score for the field - 72.88.
Final round play begins for Marquette at 9:30 a.m. CT off No. 10 with San Jose State and Arizona. Follow third round action live on Golfstat.