Oliver Farrell posted a pair of even par rounds at The Goodwin.
March 26, 2016
STANFORD, California - Freshman Oliver Farrell posted his second even par round of 70 for the weekend and wrapped up with a 54-hole score of 214 (70-74-70, 4-over-par) to finish tied for 29th and lead Marquette in its 20th place showing at The Goodwin, hosted by Stanford University.
Marquette’s final round score of 287 was its best of the three-day event - the Golden Eagles posted an 879 total (301-291-287) for the weekend on the par-70, 6,727-yard layout at Stanford G.C. UC Davis won the team title by 10 strokes with a three-day score of 827 (277-272-278).
FINAL ROUND QUICK HITS
- Farrell rebounded from a 4-over-par round on Friday to finish strong - teeing off on No. 10, Farrell went out at 1-over-par, before posting three birdies on the final nine to come in at 1-under-par.
- Farrell entered the tournament on a six-round par-or-better drought.
- CJ Swift had his second straight 71 round, while freshman Charlie Maleki, who made his MU starting lineup debut, added a 71.
- Swift went out off No. 10 at 2-under-par, while Maleki picked up a pair of birdies coming in.
- MU’s final round team score was tied for 10th best.
- For the 54-hole tournament, the average round score for the field was 73.31
Marquette plays its third spring event at the 54-hole Hoosier Collegiate in Columbus, Indiana April 9-10.
Marquette Team Scoring: 301-291-287—879 (20th of 26, 138 players)
T-29 - Oliver Farrell - 70-74-70—214
T-75 - CJ Swift - 79-71-71—221
T-82 - Nick Nelson - 76-71-75—222
T-82 - Charlie Maleki - 76-75-71—222
T-121 - Pat Sanchez - 79-76-75—230