March 29, 2018
After a short turnaround from the conclusion of the Lake Charles Invitational on Tuesday, Marquette travels to Georgia for one of college golf’s top tournaments, the 3M Augusta Invitational at Forest Hills G.C.
Play gets under way on Saturday in the 40th Augusta Invitational with a 36-hole shotgun start at 7:30 a.m. CDT. The 15-team event, which features 13 top-100 programs (including Marquette at No. 40), concludes on Easter Sunday, one week prior to the final round of The Masters at Augusta National.
3M AUGUSTA INVITATIONAL | SATURDAY-SUNDAY, MARCH 31-APRIL 1
FOREST HILLS G.C. (Par 72, 7, 005 yards) - AUGUSTA, Ga.
Teams (15): Augusta, Georgia State, Houston, Illinois, Kennesaw State, Marquette, Navy, New Mexico, South Carolina, Tennessee, UCF, UCLA, South Carolina-Aiken, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest
Marquette Lineup: Hunter Eichhorn, Matt Murlick, Oliver Farrell, Austin Kendziorski, Matthew Bachmann
- Past individual medalists of the Augusta Invitational include major champions Phil Mickelson (1989, Arizona State), Justin Leonard (1992, Texas) and Dustin Johnson (2007, Coastal Carolina).
- Marquette will be placed in a threesome on Saturday morning with Houston (No. 66) and Tennessee (No. 51).
- UCLA (second place) and host Augusta (15th place) were part of the field for the Marquette Intercollegiate at Erin Hills in October.
- On the national leaderboard, MU enters the weekend ranked 17th in first round scoring (72.09), sixth in Par 5 scoring (4.66), 12th in eagles (17), and 23rd in subpar strokes per round (3.71).
- All five of Marquette’s regular starters rank in the top 15 in the BIG EAST in individual scoring average, including three of the top five (1. Hunter Eichhorn - 71.00; 4. Matt Murlick - 72.24; 5. Austin Kendziorski - 72.29).