Oliver Farrell posted his second-best event score of the season last time out - 214 at The Goodwin.
April 6, 2016
Marquette continues its spring slate this Saturday and Sunday (April 9-10) at the Hoosier Collegiate, hosted by Indiana University, on the par 72, 7,199-yard layout of Otter Creek Golf Club in Columbus, Indiana.
Field: Ball State, Cincinnati, Indiana, IUPUI, Loyola (Md.), Marquette, Miami (Ohio), Northern Illinois, Purdue, Santa Clara, Toledo, Valparaiso, Wisconsin, Xavier
Tee Times (subject to change): Saturday (36 holes) - shotgun start, 8 a.m. CT; Sunday (18 holes) - No. 1 and No. 10, 7:30 a.m. CT
Marquette Lineup: Oliver Farrell, Nick Nelson, CJ Swift, Charlie Maleki, Zach Gaugert
- Freshman Oliver Farrell continued his strong rookie campaign play at The Goodwin, posting a 54-hole 214, his second lowest event score of the season; Farrell’s final standing in the strong field (seven top-50 teams, 13 top-100 players) was a 4-over-par T-29 finish.
- Farrell’s five eagle makes this season rank 47th in the nation; in addition, he has seven rounds of 70 or lower heading into the Hoosier Collegiate.
- Entering the weekend, the Golden Eagles are the only BIG EAST team with three players in the league’s top-11 in season average - Farrell (third, 72.72), Nick Nelson (sixth, 73.24) and Zach Gaugert (11th, 74.22)
- Marquette’s average round score is 293.48, second in the BIG EAST behind Georgetown (293.00).
- Nelson still has the league’s low round of 65 (Rd. 3 - Desert Mountain Intercollegiate), while MU holds the lowest team round at 275 (Rd. 2 - Price’s Give ‘Em Five Invitational).