April 14, 2017
Marquette continues its spring schedule close to home, participating for the third time in four seasons in the Hawkeye Invitational, hosted by Iowa at Finkbine G.C. this Saturday and Sunday (April 15-16).
Saturday’s play includes 36 holes and a shotgun start beginning at 9 a.m. CT, while Sunday’s 18 holes will follow the same format. The 14-team event includes six top-100 teams, led by Bushnell/Golfweek poll No. 12 Texas Tech.
HAWKEYE INVITATIONAL - April 15-16 | Live Scoring
FINKBINE G.C. - IOWA CITY, IOWA (Par 72, 7,200 yards)
FIELD (14): Arkansas State, Denver, DePaul, Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Marquette, Minnesota, Nebraska, South Dakota State, Texas Tech, Utah, UMKC.
- The Hawkeye Invitational is Marquette’s final 54-hole event prior to the 2017 BIG EAST Men’s Golf Championship at Callawassie Island, South Carolina, April 30 through May 2.
- With regular season play winding down, Marquette is second in BIG EAST scoring average (294.08) and score versus par (8.38); MU is the highest rated BIG EAST team in the Golfweek/Sagarin ratings (113).
- Through 26 rounds, Oliver Farrell is third in the BIG EAST in scoring (72.23, 0.81 vs. par).
- Entering the weekend, Farrell’s season average is the fourth-lowest in MU program history; he needs two eagles to match Mike Van Sickle’s single-season record of nine, set in 2008-09.
- With Charlie Maleki’s BIG EAST Male Golfer of the Week honor last week, MU has earned league honors six times this season, most of any team.