Sept. 23, 2016
Marquette plays its second of five fall events with a short trip to the Windon Memorial Classic, hosted by Northwestern, Sunday and Monday Sept. 25-26 at North Shore Country Club in Glenview, Ill.
WINDON MEMORIAL CLASSIC - Sept. 25-26 | Live Scoring
NORTH SHORE C.C. (Par 72, 7,103 yards)
Field (14): DePaul, Eastern Michigan, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Marquette, Michigan, Northwestern, Northern Illinois, Princeton, Purdue, Rutgers, UC Davis, Wisconsin
Marquette Lineup: Oliver Farrell, Henry Klongland, Garrett Loomis, Matt Murlick, Matthew Bachmann; Austin Kendziorski
- MU finished 11th in the Windon last year, when it was played on the par 71, 6,844 yard layout at Lake Shore C.C. in Glencoe, Ill.
- Last season’s Windon marked the collegiate debut of Oliver Farrell, who after starting his career with an opening round 77, worked out the nerves and shot 2-under-par over the final two rounds to finish at 217, tied for 33rd.
- Farrell had a solid opening weekend, leading Marquette with an even par 216 performance at the Badger Invitational - he has MU’s top event finish in five of his 10 career collegiate tournaments.
- This year’s Windon includes two current top-50 programs according to Golfweek’s team collegiate rankings - Florida (No. 10) and Purdue (No. 32). Florida’s Sam Horsfield is the world’s No. 2 ranked amateur and sixth in Golfweek’s D-I individual rankings.
- Following the Windon, Marquette will prepare to host its fourth straight fall event, the Marquette Intercollegiate, Oct. 2-3 at Milwaukee C.C.