Oliver Farrell will make his Marquette debut at the Windon Memorial Classic.
Sept. 25, 2015
Marquette golfers will play in their final tune-ups for the Erin Hills Intercollegiate this coming weekend, as the Golden Eagles team heads to the Windon Memorial Classic on Sunday and Monday (Sept. 27-28), while selected individuals will take part in the Badger Invitational in Madison on Sunday through Tuesday (Sept. 27-29).
ABOUT THE WINDON MEMORIAL CLASSIC
Hosted by Northwestern | Live Scoring
Course: Lake Shore Country Club - Glencoe, Ill.
Format/Tee Times: Sunday - 36 holes, 7:30 a.m. tee times; Monday - 18 holes, 8 a.m. tee times
Field: Georgetown, Indiana, Lamar, Loyola-Chicago, Marquette, Michigan, North Texas, Northwestern, Ohio State, Princeton, Purdue, Southeast Louisiana, Tulsa, UC Davis
Marquette Lineup: Oliver Farrell, Zach Gaugert, Nick Nelson, Pat Sanchez, CJ Swift; Individual - Garrett Loomis
ABOUT THE BADGER INVITATIONAL
Hosted by Wisconsin | Live Scoring
Course: University Ridge G.C. - Madison, Wis.
Format/Tee Times: Sunday/Monday - 18 holes, 9 a.m. tee times; Tuesday - 18 holes, 9:30 a.m. tee time
Marquette Lineup (individuals): Austin Kendziorski, Charlie Maleki, Trevor Thomas
- The Golden Eagles finished fifth (856) in last year's Windon Memorial, which was held at Evanston Golf Club in Skokie, Illinois.
- Pat Sanchez and Nick Nelson led the way at the 2014 Windon Memorial for MU. Sanchez posted an even par 210 to finish 11th, while Nelson was a stroke behind to come in 12th. Both players fired opening round 69s (1-under-par).
- CJ Swift put together one of his better outings in recent memory at the season-opening Northern Intercollegiate. He posted his highest finish since the 2013 BIG EAST Championship (7th), coming in tied for 22nd. Swift also fired a 225 (77-76-72), his best score since carding a 223 at the 2014 Wendy's Kiawah Classic.
- Austin Kendziorski made his Marquette debut at the Northern Intercollegiate - this week, another freshman will tee off his MU career, as the Golden Eagles will start Oliver Farrell. Farrell, a freshman from Worcestershire, England, is currently the 56th-ranked player in England according to the World Amateur Golf Ranking (WAGR).
- Two Marquette players - Garrett Loomis and Charlie Maleki - played 36 holes as individuals at the AMFAM Fall Invitational, hosted by UW Parkside Sept. 14-15. Loomis (73-73--146) was the top individual and finished tied for second overall, while Maleki (71-77--148) tied for sixth.
- At the Windon, Loomis will be playing his first 54-hole event since the 2014 Erin Hills Intercollegiate.
MU's fall is highlighted by the Golden Eagles' signature home event - the Erin Hills Intercollegiate - which begins next Sunday, Oct. 4.