Sept. 30, 2016
Information for Spectators
Milwaukee C.C. location
8000 N. Range Line Rd. River Hills, WI 53217
Course Map (hi-res)
- Sunday - shotgun start off of all 18 holes at 8:30 a.m.
- Monday - tee times based on team seeding, off No. 1 and No. 10, from 8 a.m. CT until 9:30 a.m. CT.
- Signage will direct spectators to parking lots nearest to the entrance
- Spectators are not allowed access to the clubhouse at Milwaukee C.C.
- Concessions will be available on course, with a snack shop at the 10th tee. Cash only.
- Public restrooms are located in the parking lot, behind #2 green/next to #16 tee and next to #9 tee.
Marquette hosts its fourth fall event in as many seasons, welcoming nine teams to the Marquette Intercollegiate, this Sunday and Monday (Oct. 2-3) at Milwaukee Country Club.
Play begins with 36 holes and a shotgun start at 8:30 a.m. CT on Sunday. An 18-hole final round on Monday includes tee times beginning at 8 a.m.
MARQUETTE INTERCOLLEGIATE - Oct. 2-3 | Live Scoring
MILWAUKEE COUNTRY CLUB (Par 70, 7,097 yards)
Field (10 teams, 66 players): Marquette, Liberty, Ole Miss, Northern Illinois, Northwestern, Seton Hall, SMU, UCLA, Valparaiso, Wisconsin
Marquette Lineup: Oliver Farrell, Matt Murlick, Charlie Maleki, Ferdinand Müller, Garrett Loomis
Marquette Individuals: Matthew Bachmann, Austin Kendziorski, Henry Klongland, Trevor Thomas
- Milwaukee Country Club, rated No. 62 in Golf Digest's Top 100 U.S. Courses, is hosting MU's fall event for the first time - Erin Hills G.C., site of the 2017 U.S. Open, had previously hosted Marquette events.
- Five Marquette Intercollegiate teams currently sit in the Golfweek/Sagarin top-100: SMU (42), UCLA (53), Northwestern (59), Liberty (60) and Ole Miss (63); Marquette is ranked No. 110 entering the weekend. Northwestern's Dylan Wu (No. 85) is the highest-ranked collegiate player participating.
- Ole Miss, NIU, Northwestern, SMU, UCLA and Wisconsin are repeat visitors to Marquette-hosted events - Stanford (2013), UCLA (2014) and SMU (2015) were past winners of the Erin Hills Intercollegiate. SMU and UCLA have finished in the top three each season.
- SMU held off final round charges from Oklahoma State and UCLA to win the 2015 Erin Hills Intercollegiate, scoring a 13-under-par 851 to earn victory by two strokes over the Cowboys. SMU's Alex Higgs, Braden Thornberry of Ole Miss and Marquette's Oliver Farrell are the highest finishers (T-8, 1-under-par) returning in 2016.
- Farrell continues to lead MU, as he scored his third career top-10 finish and was the Golden Eagles' top finisher for the sixth time in 11 collegiate events when he carded a 1-over-par 217 (T-8) at Northwestern's Windon Memorial Classic.
- Farrell, the BIG EAST Male Golfer of the Week, is third in the conference in scoring (72.1, +0.3 vs. par). He also cracked England's top 50 in the latest World Amateur Golf Ranking and is No. 49 entering the Marquette Intercollegiate.