June 20, 2017
MILWAUKEE - Several members of the Marquette University men's soccer team are busy sharpening their skills this summer, competing for teams that span across the country, as well as locally, in the Premier Development League (PDL) and the Premier League of America (PLA). Here's a look at their seasons so far:
Luka Prpa | M | OKC Energy U23 (Oklahoma City, OK) | @EnergyFCU23
- Has appeared in three games for OKC with a goal on four shots.
- Played all 90 minutes in his season debut against Houston FC back on May 20.
- In his most recent action on June 15, he scored the game's first goal in the 18th minute to help lead OKC to a 4-1 win over Houston on the road.
- OKC Energy U23 is 9-0-0 with 27 points and +21 goal differential. It holds a comfortable lead atop the Southern Conference Mid South Division standings with second-place Mississippi Brilla FC 12 points behind.
Next match: Thursday, June 22, home vs. Mississippi Brilla FC - 4 p.m. CT
- Has appeared in all nine games for Seacoast United, totaling two goals and an assist on four shots.
- Scored in each of his first two games with the club. Led Seacoast to a 2-0 win in the season opener against Western Mass Pioneers on May 13, followed by a 78th minute goal in a 4-1 win over the Westchester Flames on May 20.
- Seacoast United is 7-0-2 overall with a +14 goal differential. Their 23 points sits six ahead of second-place Western Mass Pioneers and Long Island Rough Riders in the Eastern Conference Northeast Division.
Next match: Friday, June 23, away vs. Western Mass Pioneers - 6:30 p.m. CT
- Has made two starts and carries a 1-1 record with a 1.00 GAA and 12 saves.
- Made season debut against San Diego Zest FC back on May 13, stopping seven shots en route to a 2-0 shutout.
- With six games remaining in the regular season, FC Tucson is 5-2-1 and sits atop the Western Conference Mountain Division standings with 16 points, five points ahead of Colorado Rapids U23 and FC Boulder U23, which share second place.
Next match: Saturday, June 24, home vs. Albuquerque Sol FC, 9 p.m. CT
- Marquette features five current players on Milwaukee's Premier League of America club: Cade Dombrowski, Griffin Jende, Brody Kraussel, Jordan Palmer and Ruben Sanchez, as well as, former MU standout Kelmend Islami.
- In recent PLA action back on June 9, Bavarians claimed a 2-0 win over Aurora to take over sole possession of first place in the PLA Western Conference.
- Recently captured the 2017 USASA Region II Championship, knocking off regional power RWB Adria Chicago by a 2-1 score on June 16.
- Will host the USA Amateur Cup Final Four at the Bavarian Soccer Complex at Heartland Value Fund Stadium in Glendale Aug. 4-5.
Next match: Saturday, July 1, away vs. Aurora Borealis SC, 7 p.m. CT
Next home match: Saturday, July 8, home vs. Madison 56ers, 6 p.m. CT
Keep up with the Marquette track and field program through social media by following on Twitter (@MarquetteSoccer) and Instagram (@MarquetteSoccer) and `liking' on Facebook (/MarquetteSoccer).