Men's Soccer To Take On Seton Hall Saturday
Sept. 30, 2016
• Saturday marks the 12th meeting all-time between Marquette and Seton Hall with MU holding the series edge with a 5-3-3 record against the Pirates, all five wins coming in the previous six outings.
• Marquette is 4-0-3 in BIG EAST road lid-lifters since 2009 and has not lost in South Orange, NJ since 2007, going 1-0-2 in three meetings over that span.
• Despite scoring only five goals over its previous four matches, Marquette still ranks 17th in the nation with 17 goals scored through eight matches played.
• Saturday’s matchup will mark Seton Hall’s first game at home since a 4-3 victory over Lehigh back on Sept. 10. The Pirates are 1-1-1 at Carroll Field on the year.
• Five Pirates have found the back of the net this season, led by sophomore midfielder Andres Arcila, who leads the team with 12 points on five goals and two assists. Jordan Kinoshi is second on the squad with two goals, while Jonathan Jimenez has a goal and two assists.
• Senior goalkeeper Julian Spindler has received eight of nine starts in net for the Pirates, registering a 1-5-1 record with a 1.67 goals against average. He has 30 saves with a .682 save percentage.
• Wednesday’s match against Wisconsin will be Faculty and Staff Appreciation Night at Valley Fields, granting free admission to all Marquette faculty and staff and their families. MU is also offering a free “Shirt Swap”. Anyone who donates a non-Marquette college shirt will receive a free MU shirt.
• The game against Georgetown on Homecoming Saturday will be broadcast live by the BIG EAST Digital Network via FOX Sports Go and the FOX Sports Go app. It will also be carreid for the first time on the radio by ESPN Deportes and ESPN Milwaukee. Saturday’s promotion will offer free brunch at the Valley ahead of the 1 p.m. start time.
• Freshman defender Patrick Seagrist netted his first career goal in the 51st minute, giving MU a 1-0 lead at the time. Seagrist volleyed a pass ahead to sophomore Toby Howell, who then found a hustling Seagrist, who cut left and fired a blast that deflected off the keeper and into the back of the net.
• The Golden Eagles blanked Seton Hall in last season’s matchup, winning 1-0 at Valley Fields. Redshirt senior David Selvaggi scored Marquette’s lone goal in the 52nd minute of play off a feed from redshirt senior C. Nortey. Seton Hall had its fair share of opportunities as the team attempted 14 shots in the match. A strong effort from Luis Barraza helped the team fend off Seton Hall’s attempts to tie the match, making six saves in the shutout win.
• Following the conclusion of the match, all alumni will be invited into the locker room and a post-game social with the staff will commence shortly after.
• To RSVP, contact John Mau at 414-828-6802 or via email at John.Mau@outlook.com.
GOMARQUETTE.COM THE OFFICIAL HOME OF MARQUETTE ATHLETICS