Marquette Set to Host No. 12/13 Notre Dame Wednesday
Oct. 11, 2011
MILWAUKEE -- The Marquette University men's soccer team will put its unbeaten BIG EAST Conference record on the line Wednesday night at Valley Fields when the Golden Eagles host divisional rival No. 12/13 Notre Dame. Kick off is set for 7:05 p.m. CT.
FOLLOW GAME ACTION
• Live stats are also available in real time by clicking on the GameTracker link on GoMarquette.com.
• Wednesday’s match will be televised tape delayed regionally on Time Warner Cable Sports32. For a list of replay times, visit TimeWarnerCable.com/Wisconsin.
• The Golden Eagles are the only team with a perfect 3-0-0 record through the first three BIG EAST Conference games and sit atop the Blue Division standings with nine points.
• Marquette is off to its best start in conference play in 15 years with three straight wins, including the Golden Eagles’ 3-1 victory Saturday at nationally ranked Providence College (No. 22, Soccer America) to open divisional play.
• Notre Dame enters this week ranked No. 12 in the NSCAA poll and No. 13, according to Soccer America. The Irish are coming off a 0-0 draw against top-ranked Connecticut. They are 1-1-0 on the road in 2011, including a 1-0 victory at Michigan State and 2-1 double-overtime loss at No. 15 St. John’s.
• Wednesday’s contest is a rematch of last year’s BIG EAST Conference tournament quarterfinal in which No. 19/12 Irish defeated Marquette 2-1 at Notre Dame’s Alumni Stadium.
• MU looks to improve to 4-0-0 in league games for the first time since 1997 when Marquette went unscathed in its first four Conference USA matches. That 1997 squad later advanced to the first, and only, NCAA tournament appearance in MU men’s soccer team history.
GOMARQUETTE.COM THE OFFICIAL HOME OF MARQUETTE ATHLETICS