MU Wraps Up Homestand Wednesday Night Against No. 24 Hoyas
Oct. 19, 2011
MILWAUKEE -- The Marquette University men's soccer team (7-5-2, 5-0-0 BIG EAST) hosts Georgetown Wednesday night at Valley Fields. The Golden Eagles, who have defeated three straight nationally ranked opponents, are looking to improve to 6-0-0 in BIG EAST play with a win against the No. 24 Hoyas (8-3-3, 3-2-0).
Wednesday is Bang For Your Buck Night at The Valley. Hot dogs, drinks, and chips will all be available for $1 each. There will also be a Marquette student Angry Birds Challenge at halftime.
FOLLOW GAME ACTION
• Live stats are also available in real time by clicking on the GameTracker link on GoMarquette.com.
• Wednesday's match vs. Georgetown will be televised tape delay regionally on Time Warner Cable Sports32. Matt Schroeder and Matt Salmon will have the call. Replay listings can be found on the TWC Sports32 website.
• MU has defeated three straight nationally ranked opponents, beginning with a 3-1 win at No. 22 Providence on Oct. 8. The Golden Eagles are unbeaten in eight of their last nine matches and have won four of their last five.
• Marquette is the only team with a perfect 5-0-0 record through the first five BIG EAST Conference games and sits atop the Blue Division standings with 15 points. It's MU best-ever start in league play since the varsity program began in 1964.
• Georgetown enters Wednesday's game ranked No. 24 in this week's NSCAA poll. The Golden Eagles are receiving votes in the same poll and are ranked No. 8 in the NSCAA Great Lakes Region. Marquette also garnered its first national ranking of the Louis Bennett-era as MU was tabbed No. 30 this week by College Soccer News.