Men's Soccer Seeks First BIG EAST Division Title Wednesday
Oct. 25, 2011
FOLLOW LIVE GAME ACTION
• MU clinched its third straight postseason berth under sixth-year head coach Louis Bennett with a 3-0 shutout victory this past Saturday at Seton Hall, led by a hat trick from freshman striker C. Nortey.
• The Golden Eagles enter Wednesday’s contest as the top-scoring offense in the Blue Division, averaging 1.62 goals per match, while Connecticut boasts perhaps the nation’s top defense. UConn has allowed just five goals in 16 games this season, including 12 shutouts.
• After beginning the season with a 1-4-0 record, the Golden Eagles have gone on to go unbeaten in nine of their last 11 matches with a 7-2-2 record during that stretch, including a 5-0-0 mark to begin BIG EAST play.
• MU is ranked No. 8 in the NSCAA Great Lakes Region for the second straight week. The Golden Eagles also tabbed their first-ever national ranking of the Louis Bennett-era as MU was tabbed No. 30 in the Oct. 17 College Soccer News poll. Marquette is ranked No. 20 this week by Goal.com.
• Marquette is still looking for its first win against the Huskies. Connecticut owns a 6-0-1 all-time advantage over the Golden Eagles and are 4-0-0 vs. MU at Joseph J. Morrone Stadium.
RECENT HISTORY AGAINST TOP-10 TEAMS
GOLDEN EAGLES EARN BIG EAST HONORS
GOMARQUETTE.COM THE OFFICIAL HOME OF MARQUETTE ATHLETICS