Post Game Notes vs Georgetown
Feb. 10, 2007
WASHINGTON, D.C. -
* Marquette's win over Georgetown marked its preverbal 20th win of the season. MU improves to 20-4 overall. It is the ninth time in program history for a team to record 20 or more wins and seventh time in head coach Terri Mitchell's tenure. It is the fastest Mitchell has ever recorded 20 wins.
* Senior Christina Quaye led the Golden Eagles in scoring for the ninth time this season with 27 points - two points shy of matching her career high. It was the sixth game this season Quaye has tallied 20 or more points, 17th of her career, and 11th consecutive game of double-figured scoring.
* Sophomore Krystal Ellis added 14 points for her 12th consecutive game of 10 or more points, 21st for the season and 38th of her career.
* Marquette out-rebounded Georgetown, 41-31, to mark the 19th time this season MU has dominated its opponent on the boards. Marquette is 17-2 when out-rebounding its opponents. It was also the 11th time this season every player in the lineup has tallied a rebound.
* Quaye was perfect from the charity stripe (10-of-10) for the fifth time this season.
* Marquette held Georgetown to just 17 points in the first half. It is the fewest points MU has allowed all season.
* The Hoyas' 25.9 shooting percentage is also a first half season low for a MU opponent.
GOMARQUETTE.COM THE OFFICIAL HOME OF MARQUETTE ATHLETICS