Post Game Notes vs St. John's
Feb. 13, 2007
* With the 69-58 win over St. John's, Marquette improved to 21-4 overall and 9-3 in BIG EAST play. Its 21-4 record equaled Marquette's best 25-game start in program history. The most wins Marquette has ever registered in a single season is 22.
* Marquette moved to 3-0 all-time vs St. John's.
* Senior Christina Quaye led the Golden Eagles in scoring for the 10th time this season with 22 points. It was the seventh game this season Quaye has tallied 20 or more points, 18th of her career, and third straight. Quaye has scored in double figures 12 consecutive games, in 21 games overall this season and 88 times during her career.
* Sophomore Krystal Ellis added 13 points for her 13th consecutive game of 10 or more points, 22nd for the season and 39th of her career.
* Marquette is 16-3 when Ellis and Quaye score in double figures.
* The Golden Eagles and the Red Storm were tied at the half, 25-25, it was the first time all season Marquette has went into the locker room at half time tied.
* St. John's 58 points marked the sixth time MU has held the visiting team to less than 60 points and 10th time overall this season. Marquette is 5-1 when holding its foes below 60 at the Al McGuire Center.
* Sophomore Erin Monfre hit two three pointers for the first time since January 3, 2007 against Syracuse. Monfre ended the game with six points, a career high five rebounds and four assists.
* Marquette's 58.1 shooting percentage in the second half was a season best. Its 44 points were two shy of matching a season high second half point total.
* Marquette out-rebounded St. John's, 40-35, to mark the 20th time this season MU has dominated its opponent on the boards. Marquette is 18-2 when out-rebounding its opponents. It was also the second consecutive game and 12th time this season every player in the lineup has tallied a rebound.
* Senior Efueko Osagie-Landry registered a team high seven rebounds. It is the fifth time this season Osagie-Landry has led the team on the boards.
* Marquette collectively dished a season high 23 assists. Ellis led the charge with five, while Monfre and Osagie-Landry each tallied four apiece.
GOMARQUETTE.COM THE OFFICIAL HOME OF MARQUETTE ATHLETICS