Post Game Notes vs USF
Feb. 24, 2007
AL McGUIRE CENTER -
* Marquette's win over USF sets a school record 23 wins for the season. The Golden Eagles also improved to 11-4 in BIG EAST play and secured a first round bye in the BIG EAST Tournament March 3-6, in Hartford, Conn.
* Senior Efueko Osagie-Landry tallied her first career double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds. It is the fourth time this season Osagie-Landry has scored 10 or more points, eighth of her career, and first time in her career she has registered double-digit rebounds. The 10 rebounds are a career high.
* Marquette's 75 points against USF is the 11th time this season the Golden Eagles have scored 75 or more points. Marquette is 10-1 in when scoring 75 or more points.
* Senior Christina Quaye led Marquette for the 12th time this season with 26 points. It is the ninth game this season Quaye has scored 20-plus points, 20th of her career. It is also the 15th consecutive game she has scored in double figures. Quaye has scored in double digits in 24 games overall this season and 91 times during her career.
* Her 26 points set an Al McGuire Center record for individual points in a single game. Sophomore Krystal Ellis previously held the record scoring 24 against Washington in the 2006-07 season opener.
* Sophomore Krystal Ellis added 21 points for her 11th game of 20 or more points for the season, 15th of her career. It also is the 16th consecutive game of scoring in double figures, 25th game of season and 42nd of her career.
* Marquette is 18-4 when Ellis and Quaye both score in double figures.
* Marquette held USF below its scoring average of 74.0 ppg and held the Bulls' leading scorer Jessica Dickson to only nine points to mark the first time this season the All-America candidate has not scored in double figures.
* USF led at the end of the first half, 40-30, and the first time this season Marquette has trailed at the half and won the game. Marquette is 1-4 in those contests.
* USF led by as many as 15 points (2:14 left in the first half) it is the largest deficit in a game this season and largest deficit in a victory for the Golden Eagles.
* Marquette is 12-1 all-time against USF including 6-0 in Milwaukee.
GOMARQUETTE.COM THE OFFICIAL HOME OF MARQUETTE ATHLETICS