Post Game Notes vs St. John's
Feb. 27, 2007
QUeens, N.Y. -
* Marquette ended the regular season 24-5 overall, and 12-4 in BIG EAST play. Due to Rutgers' loss against Connecticut, the Golden Eagles tie the Scarlet Knights for second place in the conference. The Golden Eagles will play the winner of Cincinnati/Pittsburgh in the Quarterfinals of the BIG EAST Tournament. Its 24 wins are the most wins to date in program history.
* Senior Christina Quaye added 14 points marking her 16th consecutive game she has scored in double figures. Quaye has scored in double digits in 26 games overall this season and 92 times during her career.
* Sophomore Krystal Ellis led Marquette for the 15th time this season with 19 points. It was the 17th consecutive game of scoring in double figures, 26th game of the season and 43 of her career.
* Marquette is 19-4 when Ellis and Quaye both score in double figures.
* Every player in the registered at least one field goal and one rebound. Three players led Marquette with six rebounds - Efueko Osagie-Landry, Christina Quaye and Kelly Lam. Lam's six boards was a career high.
* Marquette outscored St. John's bench, 19-2.
* USF's 21.9 shooting percentage was the lowest Marquette allowed an opponent in the first half. The Red Storm's 17 first half points matched a first half season low.
* Marquette dominated on the glass for the 23rd time this season, 43-41. The Golden Eagles are 21-2 when out-rebounding their opponent.
GOMARQUETTE.COM THE OFFICIAL HOME OF MARQUETTE ATHLETICS