Post game notes vs Rutgers (BIG EAST Semifinal)
March 5, 2007
HARTFORD, Conn. -
* The 63 points Rutgers scored is the second loss for the Golden Eagles when holding their opponent to 65 points or less. Marquette is 8-2 in those games.
* Rutgers' 26 free throw attempts was an opponent season high.
* Marquette led 33-31 at half time. It was the second time this season Marquette has led at the half and lost. Marquette is 22-2 in those contests.
* Its 55.6 three-point percentage was a first half season high. Krystal Ellis made four of MU's five made threes in the first half.
* Her four three pointers tied a first half individual season high for treys. It is the second time this season she has registered four in the first half. The last time was at SDSU.
* Ellis led Marquette with a team high 20 points. It is the 12th game this season of 20 or more points for Ellis, 16th for her career. It is also the 28th time she has scored in double figures this season, 45th of her career.
* Christina Quaye added a season low four points. It marks the fourth time this season she was held below 10 points. It ends a 17-game streak of scoring in double figures and the first time in 18 games Ellis and Quaye have not scored in the same game.
* Marquette out rebounded Rutgers, 37-33 to mark the third time the Golden Eagles have out rebounded their opponent and lost. MU is 21-3 in those contests.
* Everyone in the lineup tallied a rebound to mark the 15th time this season all 10 Marquette players have registered a rebound.
* Kelly Lam added 11 points to mark the second time this season and of her career she has scored 10 or more points.