March 17, 2007
- Marquette 87, Louisiana-Lafayette 58
- The 87 points scored by Marquette were the most ever for the team in an NCAA Tournament game. The 87 points also tied for the second most scored this season.
- The 58 points scored by Louisiana-Lafayette were an all-time low for a Marquette opponent in the NCAA Tournament.
- Marquette improves to 26-6 on the season and advances to the second round of the NCAA Tournament to face the No. 3 seed Oklahoma (27-4), Monday.
- The meeting between Marquette and Louisiana-Lafayette was the first ever.
- With the victory, Marquette improved to 3-7 all-time and 3-5 in the Terri Mitchell era in the NCAA Tournament, and 3-5 in the first round.
- The win was Marquette's first in the NCAA Tournament as a higher seed than its opponent.
- For the 16th time this season, every person to see time on the floor has grabbed a rebound. MU is 13-3 in this occurrence.
- For the 7th time this season, every person to see time on the floor has scored for Marquette. MU is 7-0 in this occurrence.
- Marquette's 32 bench points were the most this season.
- Sophomore Marissa Thrower scored a season high 10 points. It was the third time in her career she has scored 10 or more points in a game.
- With 17 points, Ellis moved into third place on the single-season scoring list. She now has 581 points, one behind Julie Sievers (1981-82). The record for points in a season is 635, held by Kristen Maskala (1991-92).
- Ellis scored in double figures for the 29th time this season. MU is 24-5 in this occurrence.
- Quaye scored in double figures for the 28th time this season. MU is 23-5 in this occurrence.
- Sophomore Kelly Lam matched a career high with six rebounds.
- Freshman Janelle Harris set career highs for assists (2), rebounds (5) and minutes played (20).
GOMARQUETTE.COM THE OFFICIAL HOME OF MARQUETTE ATHLETICS