Women's Basketball: 2011-12 Season in Review
May 14, 2012
MILWAUKEE - With another season in the history books, relive the Marquette University women's basketball team's most memorable moments from 2011-12.
* Marquette earned the No. 14 seed at the 2012 BIG EAST Conference Championship and advanced to the second round of the tournament following a 54-51 win over Cincinnati.
* Head Coach Terri Mitchell picked up her 300th career win when the Golden Eagles defeated New Orleans on Nov. 29, 2011. Mitchell is 310-188 all-time at Marquette.
* Plouffe led the Golden Eagles with 13.5 points and 8.1 rebounds. She was Marquette's leading scorer in 14 games and finished the season ranked in seven BIG EAST statistical categories (points, rebounds, field goal percentage, free throw percentage, offensive rebounds, defensive rebounds and minutes).
* The Golden Eagles had a season-high 3,609 fans in attendance for their home season finale against Connecticut.
* Mitchell coached barefoot for MU's game versus Georgia Tech (Nov. 19) in support of Soles for Jesus, a non-profit organization that provides new and gently used shoes to people in improvised areas in Africa. Marquette collected over 500 pairs of shoes during its season-long shoe drive.
* Marquette raised $6,198.00 in support of breast cancer awareness during its seventh annual Play 4 Kay game on Feb. 4, 2011.