Hess and Morgan Proffitt honored by the BIG EAST after a 2-0 week
2016 All-BIG EAST Freshman Team
BIG EAST Freshman of the Week (8/29/16)
TopDrawerSoccer Team of the Week (8/30/16)
BIG EAST All-Academic (2016-17)
2017 (So.): Started 15 of the 21 games she made an apperaance in ... Made her first start of 2017 against Drake (8/25) and played 72 minutes ... Played all 90 minutes in shutouts of Central Michigan (9/1), Mercer (9/3) and Boston University (9/8).
2016 (Fr.): BIG EAST All-Freshman Team ... Started 18 of 20 matches in which she appeared as a freshman defender ... Posted a goal and an assist while making 20 corner kicks in 1,651 minutes ... Made first career start at Illinois State (Aug. 25) and scored first career goal on a corner kick ... Also posted an assist the following match against Michigan (Aug. 28) ... Honored as the BIG EAST Conference Freshman of the Week on Aug. 29 and named to the TopDrawerSoccer Team of the Week on Aug. 30 ... Assisted on Eli Beard's overtime winner against DePaul (10/28) to help Marquette claim the BIG EAST's No. 1 seed in the league tournament and the regular season title.
Prior to Marquette: Hess played only club soccer during her high school career with Eclipse Select ECNL for head coach Rory Dames … Helped the Eclipse to back-to-back ECNL National Championships in 2013 and 2014 … Contributed to two Illinois State Cup Championships in 2013 and 2015 … 2013 USYSA National Champion … Member of Illinois 1997 ODP State Team from 2012-14 … Finalist in 2014 ODP National Championship … Named to “Best XI” at 2014 National Championship.
Personal: Born in Geneva, Illinois to Eric and Megan Hess … Has two siblings, Morgan and Jonathan … Plans to study exercise physiology.
MEET THE 'FAMILY' - AUGUST 2016
1. Is there anything that others are surprised to learn about you? That I don't like steak or ribs and that I am a lefty.
2. What’s an interesting fact about your hometown? In 2013 my high school won state for football.
3. What type of music do you listen to? Favorite artist(s)? I like all kinds of music but I really like Maroon 5, Andy Grammer, The Script, and Ed Sheeran
4. Who is your biggest inspiration (athletic or otherwise)? My mom because of her selflessness.
5. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Snapchat? Instagram
6. Favorite meal/food? Pasta with vodka sauce
7. Favorite vacation destination? Bay Harbor, Michigan
8. Favorite professional sports team? Chicago Cubs
9. Favorite sport other than soccer? Basketball
10. What club or high school accomplishment(s) are you most proud of? Winning the ECNL championship twice with my club team back to back.