2013 Marquette Volleyball Triplesfest Information
When: June 29, 2013
Where: Milwaukee Lakefront
Time: 9 a.m. until daylight permits (Registration begins at 8 a.m.)
Format: Grass triples (Men's and Women's AA, A, BB)
*Pool play and double elimination
Prizes: Guaranteed $2,000 purse
*plus additional prizes for qualifying teams
Cost: $110 per team [maximum of five (5) people per team]
Lunch, snacks and beverages provided for all participants.
All registration will take place online.
exit off I-794 onto Lincoln Memorial Dr.
Take Lincoln Memorial Dr. north along Lakefront
Coolers, tents and grills are permitted. All proceeds will benefit the Marquette Women's Volleyball program.
Triplesfest 2013 Rules
- Roster maximum of 5 players.
Players that start a game, must finish that game unless they are injured.
If a player leaves due to injury, he/she is finished for that match.
- All matches/games use Rally Scoring.
- Pools of 3 and 4 will play best-of-3 sets to 21 points, switching sides at 11 points.
- Pools of 5 or more will play 2 games to 25 points, switching sides at 13 points.
- There is no service area. You may serve from anywhere behind the service line. Let serves NOT allowed.
- Players may play any position on the court, provided they maintain correct serving order.
- There are no center line violations unless there is interference with an opposing player
- Open hand tips are not allowed.
- Follow warm-up protocol to keep tournament on time.
- First ball over (including serves) may be double contacted, provided the ball is not held.
- Block is not counted as a team hit.
If two teams are tied for 1st place in a pool, seeding will be determined as follows
A. Head-to-head meeting
B. Head-to-head point differential
C. Pool point differential
D. Coin flip
Ties for 2nd or 3rd place in pool play will be decided by a one game playoff to 21 points, switch at 11 points.
First Round to Quarterfinals - 1 game to 30 (no cap) switch every 15 points.
Semifinals / Finals - Best 2 of 3 to 25 (no cap) switch every 13 points.
Time Outs: Each team is allowed two 30 second timeouts per game. Time out may be called prior to server receiving ball on either side of court between plays
Footwear: Players may not wear cleats or spikes of any kind. Players may play barefoot.
Tournament Staff: Has final say on all tournament matters, and may modify rules if necessary.
Other Local Grass Volleyball Tournaments:
Waupaca Boatride - June 12-14
Primero Grass Tournament – June 15
Northern Illinois Grass Tournament – July 27
Wisconsin Lutheran Grass Triples - Aug. 3