The Golden Eagle is a prominent figure at Marquette, forever supporting his teams, bringing smiles to young and old, and continually uplifting all who meet him. The Golden Eagle cheers at home men's and women's soccer games, volleyball games, and men's and women's basketball games. The Eagle will occasionally travel for away men's or women's basketball games, including post-season tournaments.
Interested in becoming the Golden Eagle for the 2015-2016 season?
We encourage all undergraduate students and incoming freshman to try-out. We are looking for outgoing and energetic individuals who have a love for Marquette athletics and feel comfortable performing in front of large crowds. Being the Marquette Golden Eagle is a paid job and requires a flexible schedule, since the eagle is a popular figure and making periodic appearances at university sponsored events are a requirement.
Please email Mary Larkin for more information or with any questions you may have.
Want the Golden Eagle to appear at your event?
Please fill out mascot appearance request form and submit as stated.
Due to the amount of requests that we receive, we ask that your organization only submit ONE mascot request per year.
Policies for the Golden Eagle appearances are as follows:
- Completion of this form does not guarantee MU can fulfill the request. Requests will be fulfilled based on availability.
- Applications must be received a minimum of THREE weeks prior to event date.
- Appearances have a one-hour minimum, but costs are presented on a two-hour basis.
- Additional fees will be assessed for events longer than 2 hours. (See form)
- Water must be provided to Golden Eagle.
- A private and lockable changing room is required of mascot. (No public changing rooms)
- The costumes will not be loaned or rented.
- The Golden Eagle does not make appearances at wedding receptions or bachelor/bachelorette parties.
- Requests for the Golden Eagle to appear at events at which alcohol is served will be denied.
- Full payment for the appearance must be received at least ONE WEEK prior to event.
- Photos taken of mascots during the appearance may not be used in any commercial manner without the express written consent of Marquette Athletics.
- A meal must be provided if the appearance is scheduled for over two hours.
- We reserve the right to cancel an appearance due to illness, personal emergency, class issues, etc.